Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Another Terra Nova Gardens Post
Yes this is yet another post on the Terra Nova Gardens.  I can't help it.  My imagination is running wild with anticipation.  Can you tell?  These two properties together would be almost an acre of land which would net, after a major clean up, about half to two thirds of an acre to turn into gardens.  That would be more than enough to keep me  busy and out of trouble for many years to come.  Don't you think? 
You may have to click on the picture to get a bigger view of the properties.  As you can see there are many trees.  The left road in the picture has a major bank that drops down to the flat part of the property.  I'd say that the usable part of the property is about half.  The rest on the left of the property will be left in trees to hold the bank together.  The bank is about a 45 degree climb which may require a stairway in the future project plans.



Here's a little higher up view of where the property is situated.  You can see that it's surrounded by city but yet kind of isolated from the city.  The property lines in this picture are both properties.  The one that's mine and the one that will be in foreclosure soon.


Here's a closer look at the properties.  I have marked where the turkeys were and if you click on the picture you can get a bigger picture.  You can see why I'm concerned about them crossing the road.  It's a major thoroughfare and I wouldn't want anything to happen to Tom and his girls.

It's difficult to decide what to do first when spring comes.  Now I have to rethink my backyard gardens as well.  That will have to be more immediate vegetable gardening fresh for the table.   The storage and give away will come from Terra Nova Gardens.

I know that some of you have exciting plans as well or at least plans that will require lots of work.  I better start going back to the gym this winter to strengthen up for the coming year.

Well that's all for now.

4 comments:

  1. Providing these photos is a big help in understanding how it is situated. You have quite a project ahead. I agree the backyard will be good for lettuce and other garden to table items. Do you think you'll plant sweet corn. I've always wished for room to grow sweet corn or even better, pop corn. You grandson would get a kick out of that. I remember growing pop corn with my dad one year. It was the freshest, lightest popcorn ever! Have fun planning and work in those work outs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the grandson will have fun with the woods part. He can build a treehouse or just hang out in the cool shade in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to remember if you said you were going to build a house, or if the land is close to your current property. I would be excited, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be really excited to get property like these too! Wet spots: perhaps could be dug out to make a sump where you could pump the water out, check the old Foxfire books and such for more info. The turkeys are awesome but could of course become a problem eating the garden, tho I like the idea of growing something extra just for them; Thanks for stopping by the Edible Garden and your comments about your water tank setups. Here I get more than half my annual water during the winter, so trying to catch as much as I can. I do need to gutter the other 30 foot side of the house and buy several more water tanks.

    ReplyDelete