Sunday, January 2, 2011

Some Assembly Required


Through out my life time the key phrase for just about anything was "Some Assembly Required." Whether it be what I call flatbox furniture or kid's toys it always seemed to require some degree of assembly. So it's no wonder that even today in my projects that some assembly is required. Here are some of the parts required to wire in a new light and a wall switch for my storage area. Bradley, my grandson, has been home the last two weeks enjoying Christmas vacation so not much has been accomplished on the storage area. So you will have to stay tuned for the shocking outcome of Old Dave's electrical wiring experience. Remember there are old electricians and there are bold electricians but there are no old bold electricians.


January is a new month, a new year, and time for planning what will be finished this year. There are many things to keep me busy but two I've singled out to prioritize. First is the storage area that I am working on and the next would be the outdoor backyard patio with firepit to be completed by summer's end. If those two things are completed this year. Then I will consider it a successful year. As you can see there will be a lot of work involved to make this an area to hang out.

Do you have anything that will make your year a success? Leave a comment and tell me about it.

4 comments:

  1. I just love the old bold electrican comment!!

    Well, there are many things that would make this year a success....with regard to gardening, it would be to get the two community plots we want and get them up and running!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continue to be the Old electrician. Bold gets you a quick trip to the hospital!

    I'm hoping after THREE YEARS to FINALLY get the frog pond built. This year I'm going to be smart---found a guy with a small backhoe. Problem solved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing how your storage area shapes up, and wow, a fire pit too! Good stuff! As for my plans for the year... how about making it to the end all in one piece? Life on a farm makes that challenging enough! :)

    I do plan to expand the garden a bit, and I've got to shimmy up the chicken yard, for fear that without a little support added, it will come crashing down in the wind we get constantly around these parts. Here's hoping 2011 shapes up nicely for us both!

    Cheers!
    -Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave, I'm sure you will get that backyard done and transform it into an awesome and beautiful gathering spot by summer's end. Thanks for popping by to visit me ~ so nice to hear from everyone when I have been so absent lately! And I esp appreciate your encouraging words... thanks so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete