Here's a look at the inside patch. I wandered around the Lowe's store looking for a rubber material to use for an inside patch. I finally came across a two inch rubber discharge hose for some use in plumbing. I used three pieces split length wise and glued flat on the inside of the tank with the silicone adhesive sealant. The pop rivets that stuck out through the rubber were covered in silicone as well to keep the seal. I have to build a stand pipe to keep the bottom sediment from getting sucked into the rest of the system. Then I'll fill the tank and get the whole system up and working. That's the plan anyway.
It's been a long process and I'm getting excited to actually see some of the system working and being so close to have the entire system functional. It's a long way from May when I started working on the whole thing. Many changes and many improvements along the way has made this a interesting and challanging project for sure.