Planting the Poor Man's PatioFinally the Poor Man's Patio is planted. The final count for containers to be watered is 24. Up from last year's 10. That watering issue will be bigger this year. There are too many containers to water for just one leg of drip system so I will have to either have two legs or figure out something different. I came up with my own special mix for potting. It was equal parts of vermiculite, Miracle Gro potting soil, and Omagro compost. It should be the best ever. I might have over planted just a little but in containers it's always good to over plant some.
My makeshift potting table is nothing more than just a couple saw horses and my loading planks for the truck. The whole process of planting the patio took about 2 hours. Then it was off to the Goodrich store for a giant butterscotch malt for supper. I planted the pole beans in the two pots and hope that they will do well. The Morning Glory soaked over night and will be planted today or tomorrow. I hope they do better outside than in the sprouter. I just haven't got the hang of using the sprouter yet.
I got day lilies from Carol this week when I brought over the ladder so she could clean out her gutters. The day lilies are not going to work out like I wanted. I think the hostas will be just fine and the area will be covered with mulch. I didn't know that day lilies were clumping and got so big. That height will block the hostas in front of the foundation bushes. It's been a learning process for sure.
Well, here is the Poor Man's Living Patio for this year. It looks a little different than last year. It has Dusty Miller, Begonias, Impatiens, Vinca, Wave Petunia, and in the trellis pots pole beans and Morning Glory. I hope it turns out like the picture in my mind. Once I got the potting mix made it was not too long to get everything potted up.