Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I've been thinking

I've been thinking. Right there is a dangerous statement for sure. There's not much going on in the garden this time of year so it's time to start thinking about sprouting seeds. I've certainly tried that in the past with the end result being sprouted compost fodder. This year I've been thinking what I really need is a green house to sprout those seeds and bring them into strong healthy plants. Yeah, that's what I need. So with thoughts and plans of success racing through my head I set about the task of selecting just the right one to fit my needs.


Here's one that's very traditional, has lots of room to start seedlings and grow tender shoots in the Winter. Nice ventilation when it gets too hot. Ah, but, it's just not exactly right for what I was thinking. Maybe just a little bit smaller.



OK, now this one is a quaint little flower house. The price is better. It can be moved easily and will sprout and grow quite a lot for the money. It still allows standing which is a good thing. It's looking a lot better but it's still not quite right for what I had in mind. I'll just have to keep looking until I find just the right one.




OK, now that's what I'm talking about. Twelve little seed pods just waiting to be watered and planted with precious hybrid embryonic nuggets of life and only $3. Ah, now that's right in line with my budget. Those skillful master gardeners from Internet blogs claim the seed sprouting time is the most critical time during the growing of plants and recommend keeping them in a warm place. Hmmmm, I guess that would be right behind the coffee pot. Some might be saying, "Come on Dave isn't it just a little early in the year to start growing tomato plants." Well, normally that would be yes, but I am thinking that I probably will need to take a couple trial runs before really getting serious about doing this plant thing. If all else fails there's always the Walmart garden center to rescue me from black thumb disease. Stay tuned for more exciting adventures of Old Gardener Dave and his wonderful new greenhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment